Tuesday, February 18, 2014

FEED MY SOUL - O GIVE ME MORE!!

Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

Avicii- Wake me Up

In the middle of your perfectly synchronized life you have the urge to rip apart everything and start fresh. How do you think it would feel? Top of the world! Like you are some woman who has got her much wanted revenge! Like the ecstasy of satisfying your hunger with your favorite food! I know it because I have done it. I call it feeding my soul. 

Being happy is more than just work life balance.  You aren't just existing, but you are happy and living. May be that is what people call celebrating life. 

My friend lives for his bank. He adjusts his life according to his work, he cant go home when his father is sick, he has to pre-plan and re pre-plan his plan before leaving on a vacation. Or else he might get fired you see. The money is awesome. But when he gets sick,I don't know if somebody would be there to check on him. I say quit. He says he is bringing "stability" in his life. 

                                                                    Photos by: Dibesh Manandhar
Whats the harm in trying to be human for a while? Squeeze in some more time to do what you love. Painters, writers, dancers ,entertainers and artists die when they drain themselves by being slaves in suits. Giving up work isn't what I m suggesting. But like you need air to breathe, you need food to live, you need to feed your soul to keep you happy.That will only happen if you do what you love, more often.

My mom always in office during dashain, goes to office during Nepal banda ( strikes), that is how busy she is. She wants to be home more often but she cant. Work and children is her life. I tell her to take time off for herself. She says its the airline business and you re working if the planes are flying.

Compromises are a thing I guess. But even after that,she doesn't have that spark or smile. I ll tell you which one.

MTV unplugged showed Arjit Singh singing his hits last time. I looked at the smile on his face when the audience shouted "once more" and he happily sang it again. That is what a happy soul must look like, I thought. Shouldn't everyone get to be that happy? 

Making your own journey isn't an easy task I know that. But giving up and living with guilt isn't an option either. They say you are caught up in a dream,they say you aren't mature.  Sometimes I wake up so scared thinking how messed up my life is. But one thing I know, I want that smile that was on his face and will keep looking where I can. I guess I m driven that way.

Photos by: Dibesh Manandhar







No comments:

Post a Comment